Monday, March 17, 2008

My very own foodblog...I have truly arrived.

Welcome to my brand-new foodblog! As anyone reading this will know, I've talked about starting a blog for some time, and was continually impeded in my mission by homework/life/laziness/etc. But what better time to start a long pushed-aside project than spring break? So here it is in its nascent glory, my blog, which (for now) is entitled For the Love of Food.

A little bit about me: my name is Lauren, and I'm a proud resident of Brooklyn, New York. I go to school in Middletown, Connecticut, but I'm graduating in May, with no foreseeable plans for the great beyond which exists after college. I hope to attend culinary school and begin a career as a food writer, but I don't really know how I'm going to make either of those things happen. So, for now, I'll cook, and I'll take pictures of what I cook and I'll write about it, too, and we'll see where that takes me.

One small caveat: I am not tech-savvy. In fact, I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I futzed around with the banner at the top of the blog for like an hour, and I still don't like how it looks. So bear with me in the coming weeks and months as I figure out how, exactly, to maintain an attractive, informative and engaging blog.

No comments: